Yellowstone Wash | COVID-19 Update
Yellowstone Wash wants you to be safe and healthy!
As always, our laundromat practices good public health and hygiene and is considered an “essential service” which allows us to remain open:
Temporary hours of operation:
Monday - Saturday 7AM - 7PM | Last Wash 5PM - No Exceptions
Sunday 8AM - 3PM | Last Wash 1PM - No Exceptions
Monday - Friday: 1PM - 4PM
Saturday: 10AM - 12PM
Here at Yellowstone Wash, we have always taken great pride in keeping our laundromat clean and well-run for our customers so on behalf of our team we would like to keep you informed on what changes we have made to maintain your health, safety and well-being during this time of uncertainty around the COVID-19 virus.
Although the laundromat is cleaned daily, we have put in place an updated cleaning plan to ensure they are cleaned with extra care including daily sanitizing of washers, dryer doors and all door handles, soap hopper lids, folding tables, seats and the Laundry Card Payment Center. We will be monitoring the situation closely and taking every possible step to enhance the safety and well-being of our customers and staff while keeping the laundromat open for your convenience.
With rising concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Coin Laundry Association has pulled together a number of laundering procedures to help keep laundromat customers safe as they continue to perform this necessary task – and, importantly, regular laundering of clothing and linens has never been more vital and will help in preventing the spread of the virus.
Here are some guidelines:
- Wash items in accordance with the directions. If possible, launder items using the warmest appropriate water setting, and dry items totally on the highest appropriate dryer temperature.
- Use the right amount of soap. Too much soap creates excess suds that enable dirt and grime to remain trapped inside the fabric. The right amount of soap will clean properly and then be rinsed from the clothing.
- Use the dryer – COVID-19, viruses and bacteria hate heat. Drying any clothes or linen will prevent the spread of the virus. Our highest dryer temperature is high enough to kill the virus on a normal 30-minute cycle. This temperature cannot be achieved on your home dryer.
- Effective immediately, we will only allow washing and drying of clothes at the facility. You must fold your clothes at home in order to limit your time in the laundromat and allow others to use our facility.
- Once you place your clothes in the washing machines / dryers, you must wait outside the facility, in your car or in the comfort of your home. While we understand this is an inconvenience, it is for your and our staff’s safety.
CDC Recommends when doing laundry:
- Wash hands with soap and water as soon as you remove the gloves for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not shake dirty laundry.
- Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
- Clean and disinfect clothes hampers
Thank you for your cooperation
We are grateful for you and your continued support of our business!
We will get through this challenge together!